I am looking at the M3 and M22 as potential speakers for my 10 x 15 office. The room is setup with bookshelves completely along one of the narrow walls and my desk in the middle of the room facing the shelves. My listening position puts my ears about 12 feet from the front of the bookshelves. The shelf spacing is 14" which means the M3 would stand upright but the M22 would have to be laid on its side.

I was leaning towards the M22 but I'm concerned that laying it on the side will mess up the imagining.

Stands are out. I had speakers on stands in here and they are in the way with my limited floorspace. If I were going that route I'd just go to floor standers since they take up the same amount of room and give better low end and are more stable.

I also have no real desire to add a sub to the mix. The speakers need to give nice tight bass for upright bass and electric bass. I'm not a pipe organ fan.

I listen to everything from Alison Krause to Megadeth to Charlie Christian so the speakers need to cover a lot of musical territory and do it well.

I'm leaning heavily towards the M3's since I think the imaging will be better with them standing upright vs. the sideways M22's. I'd appreciate hearing some input from those who know more about this stuff than I do.