Hi Don, I can’t say if you will get any significant benefit in your situation but I have noticed a big difference in my previous room but not as much in this one.

Previously, in my apartment (16 x 12 x 8), I placed my left and right M80s on either side of my HDTV on cinderblocks raising them about 8. This made a big difference in the amount of ambience in 2.0 music and a little better integration with the surround speakers in multi-channel. I sat only about 6’-8’ away from them on a futon.

Now in my house (21 x 13 x 8-11 vaulted) my M80s are below my 134” diagonal 1.78:1 screen which I am sitting 14‘-15’ away from on recliners. I have no issues with the sound not seeming to come from the screen. I have tried the left and right M80s on milk crates and found it improved the ambience a little for 2.0 but not much. I didn’t notice any improvement for integration with the surrounds.

Best I can figure out it made a bigger difference in the apartment because I was sitting closer and that raising the tweeters got them above the level of the futon which was a sonic black hole. My suggestion is if you can experiment do so since there are just so many variables it’s hard to know what will happen in your situation.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1