Hi Alan,

I too have the QS8's mounted on the back wall and notice they do sound good but not quite as good as when I had some PSB 10S's on the side walls butted right up against the back wall.
I plan on trying the side walls, but I do have a couple of questions.

PSB tech. support told me that it was ok to mount the 10S's right up against the back wall, is that ok for the QS8's?
My seated position is 2 feet from the back wall, I was thinking about putting the QS8's 6 in. from the back wall. So with the speakers being 11" long that would put me 6 or 7" in front of the speakers as well. Is this a good place to begin (I hate punching a bunch of holes in the walls) or should I try in front of my position (I can only go about 1' in front) or just leave them on the back wall?

Also, I'm told the best hieght for side walls placement is 2' above the listeners ear's, does that sound about right?

Other room info:
The seated position is in a little cove of the living room with the back wall only 8' long, with the ceiling in the cove being 10ft. high, and a 3' long wall on one side before it opens up into the kitchen and dining area. We also have vaulted ceilings 10'-15' high for the rest of the room.