Hello. As of right now, I have two m22ti speakers in my front soundstage. I've been debating between these three speakers as a center. I've been told that having all 3 front speakers match is optimal, but is this really a concern if the center speaker is timbe-matched? Plus, If I used the m22 as a center -- it would be placed on top of the television -- rather high compared to the other two speakers.

I would love to get the VP150 -- but my concern with that is my receiver is a cheap Kenwood VR-407. I'd love to get a new receiver -- but funds right now don't permit it. The receiver is rated at 500 watts total, with an 8 OHM load. Though, those numbers are probably inflated. That's why I'm concerned that my receiver may not have the power for that lovely-looking speaker.

So, is it worth the risk trying the VP150, or would I be better off with the m22 or VP100? If not the VP150, I'm leaning toward the VP100 simply for cosmetic reasons. I just don't want to underpower any speaker.

And this is for a small room currently -- about 12x14 ft. Though I don't plan on staying in this room forever. Nor do I plan on having that el-cheapo receiver forever. And for the record -- sources will include DD5.1 soundtracks, DTS, and SACD / DVD-A music disks.

Last edited by roffels; 12/26/03 11:24 PM.