Originally Posted By: dakkon
with the Wilsons, the bass was definitely localized, you could tell where the bass was coming from.

i know what your saying for movie viewing the bass is not localized, but when the bass is recorded in stereo, like drums, with the Wilsons, it felt like you were in the middle of the drum set. You could almost tell the exact location of the drum being played.. now this was in a listening room, with a perfect set up... the 60's are more than enough for the mid's and highs.

Drums have a lot of their audio energy well above the 80Hz mark, so it's not surprising that they were localizable. My M22s and EP500 do an excellent job of presenting the convincing illusion of a full drum kit in my living room. My system also handles the giant Chinese drum on this disc (highly recommended for deep amazing drum bass!) handily.

When all the soundwaves blend together, the sub makes it sound like my M22s are doing all the work. The drum's attack is in the treble range and comes from the M22, which "anchors" the entire sound, bass included, to a specific area of the soundstage.