I went to my local shop today and asked my guy what he thought on the M80's or if he has heard anything. He said they looked good and a friend of his had a pair. Then imedeatily went to the internet and googled reviews. I asked if he was willing to put them up against some paridigms and he said bring em on in. So now I have to get a pair LOL. I was asking how they would go up against a pair of studio 100's and he said that they were a great speaker and it would be tough. He has none in stock and only brings them in special order so it looks like the monitor 11's will be on the block. Just a side note the studio 100's came in at $2656.00 a pair just about double the M80's price, I did not ask a price on the 11's.

He was concerned about them being 4 ohm and throwing the jap AVR's into clipping even if it is ratted at 140W per ch. He suggested a good amp stable at 4 or better yet 2 homs...of course purchased from him LOL. No knocking or negative words at all he said let the speakers do the talking and your ears do the deciding. Now to me that shop has earned my business....well they already have it but if I do need a pre amp I will get it from them.

Any thoughts or takes on this?

Later
Phil

Last edited by PhilD; 02/06/10 04:29 AM. Reason: too many beers