I've had the VP150 for almost two weeks now. It is sitting on top of my projection TV, which sits between my M60s.

First off, the speaker sounds very good. On it's own, it's a very clear, accurate speaker. The timbre match with the M60s seems above average to good. White noise from the VP150 sounds very different than from the M60s, but in day-to-day usage with movies the match seems much better. Any suggestion you might have for matching (other than buying a Pioneer Elite or Yamaha receiver with auto level/eq! ) would be appreciated.

However, my main concern right now is the directionality of the speaker. Comments on the message boards rave about the dispersion capabilities of this speaker. When I listen to it, the center channel effects very clearly appear to be coming from above the TV. It is a clear change from the Bose VCS-10 I was using before, with which the center channel effects appeared to come from on-screen. I have tried aiming the VP150 straight-ahead, slightly downward (still off-axis to the listener) and directly on-axis to the listener. Nothing seems to improve the dispersion noticeably.

Has anyone else noticed this phenomenon? Are there any suggestions for what I could do to improve the sound? I really can't feasibly move the speaker below the screen or sit farther back, so I wonder if I just have to get used to it...

-------------------------------------------------
M60s, VP150 and QS8s (2)