Here's a review of a self-cleaning cat litter box by LitterMaid that I just made on Amazon.com. If anyone has used one that they like please let me know what manuf and model it is.

<review>I bought this from PetCo 4 days ago, for my sister who has 2 cats and is in the hospital and will not be able to bend over and clean litter boxes for a while. It was the model that included the cover, which I didn't need. I tried it out on my small female cat for a couple of days and it worked without a problem. Then I installed it in her apartment, replacing 1 of 2 traditional boxes, where the female cat used the one I didn't replace and the male cat used this one. I waited for him to check it out first, he got in it but never used it while I was there. I wasn't concerned since I had seen it used successfully before.

2 days later I picked my sister up at the hospital and took her home. When I checked the litter boxes, this LitterMaid was full of unscooped cat droppings and all of the litter had been pushed over to one side of the box. When I turned it off and back on, the comb ran over the part with no litter and when it reached halfway across where it encountered litter and cat droppings, the motor whined down, then reversed direction, doing absolutely nothing.

I am disappointed in this unit and it will be going back to the store for a refund as soon as I am able to do so. </review>