Originally Posted By: Murph
Haha. Nope. Derailing is what we do best. Although I hesitate to use the term after the Via Rail derailment yesterday. What a nice surprise to look out at where your garage once stood and see a train engine instead.

As for the Jesus comment. Respectfully, I was not insinuating that we should all stop fishing. I enjoy eating fish on a regular basis but on my tiny Island, the trout populations are in 'measurable' jeopardy and we are now down to one lone, single river that has any salmon at all returning to it. In this localized area, conservation is required to protect what is left. This isn't a radical opinion, our Dept. of fisheries has been limiting catches and moving more and more rivers to catch and release only.

I will gladly return to my love of fly fishing if the stocks return to safe levels. (I suck at it anyways so I'm not much of a threat.) But for now, I'm just trying to do my part.

Salmon levels here too, are very, very low. Only about 10% last year of what they thought they would be.

I am not really a huge environmental kind of guy, I recycle and turn of lights and have a smaller car and that kind of thing, but numbers like that are pretty alarming.