Alan,

thanks for your response!

I did do the 'put the sub where you sit, then...ect' trick. I did it again last night, this time for a longer period of time, and I moved my sub. I do get slightly more bass response now, and it is satisfactory.

I have the M3's on Atlantis SBF 24 inch stands. The spikes are on puck, though, so the stands put the speakers 26 inches from the ground. Both driver units are higher than the couch I sit on to watch movies. I moved them further apart and further back. They were already aimed across from each other, but pointed directly at the listening position. I opened them up just a tad and did notice a more spacious sound, which was good for movies but not as good for music. I will just move the speakers a tad when watching a movie.

With a better DVD (NIN live DTS version, and Final Fantasy, DD), the front speakers did integrate much better. The NIN was seamless, whereas the Final Fantasy was less so, but still decent. I did not see your recommendation in the newsletter. All I saw was an article about DPL II, which, personally, i very much dislike for music. 5 channel stereo out of my Denon sounds much better. DPL II is, however, excellent for video tapes, and I can see how it would be for TV. I will try it once I get one!

Thanks again, Alan!

Ravi.