Originally Posted By: RickF
Lots of stucco homes down my way but I don't know of anybody that has used it. Chess I have a buddy near Tampa who owns a painting company, I'll give him a call and ask his opinion. He has painted hundreds of homes in the Orlando area.

I only wonder if some of the information wouldn't be specific toward that of a different climate.
Our air is dry in the Peg and we can get hot summers. I'm not that concerned about day to day air moisture, but from what i've read on the forums, if the coating isn't applied properly and water from rain gets 'behind' the coating, then it gets trapped and could cause wall damage, or secondly, if water or moisture does get behind the paint, bubbling occurs?

Like i said, i can't seem to find enough solid info on this. It seems to also cost considerably more than vinyl paint. I think i read to expect 50% more cost to apply?

As for living in an area of stucco homes, anyone who has been to the Peg knows we live in a "sugar cube" city.
Virtually all new housing neighborhoods in the past 10 years were being built (some are still being built) with the same colour of off white stucco for 90% of a house exterior in this area. Only recently have i seen some of these neighborhood builders start using some slightly different tints for colour variation.

East coasters use aluminum siding.
West coasters have non organic based roofing.
Ontarians have alot of brick.
Here in the prairies, stucco reigns supreme as a house exterior coating.
Its a regional thing, aside from the fact that Manitobans are among the cheapest bastards who ever walked the earth and you can't get much cheaper than spraying a house exterior with stucco. I had a friend of mine haggle with Sears over pricing on a pillow and they actually gave him the price he wanted.
I mean really, who the HELL haggles with a box store like SEARS?? And on a twenty dollar pillow??
I'll tell you who, Manitobans, that's who.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."