Alan,
Not to beat a dead horse, but if I read your comments right, you would personally prefer to have your surrounds wall mounted as opposed to using the QSS8 stands?

I'm just asking, because I will be buying a set of QS8s in the very near future, and was planning on also getting the stands. Unfortunately, neither wall-mounting or stands are ideal, as my room is long and narrow (13 x24) with the short wall in front. Currently I have 2 direct radiating wimpy speakers for the surround channels in an old Dolby Prologic system, along the back wall behind the seating area. Having just bought a 7.1 capable pre/pro, I was tentatively planning on getting 2 sets of QS8s (not necessarily at once!) for the side and rear surrounds. The rears can easily be stand-mounted, and there are speaker connections hard-wired into the rear wall for this. But there isn't much room to the side of seating area either for stands or for wall mounting. The right wall raises to a cathedral ceiling so wall mounting a QS8 above 7 ft is OK, but the left wall has a window, and the ceiling is right at 7 ft leaving a wall mounted speaker right in the walking path! A stand would kind of be in the way too, so I'm definitely open to suggestions!

Thanks,

ChrisR

M60s, VP150, QS8 x4 ACI Titan II sub Anthem AVM20 pre/pro Anthem PVA7 amp Panasonic DVD-RP91