it is really amazing how much my view of the m22 has changed since getting the m60. when i first got the m22 i really liked it. it is
----------
still better then all the other 400-800 dollar speakers in the stores i went too(except for bass output), but compared to the m22, there is no way i would go back the m22. the m60 is really an amazing speaker.
-------
i meant to say that compared to the m60, there is no way i would go back...
but you knew that:)

since it is a sunday and i wont be shipping the m22s off until monday i decided to use my 4 m22s with my m60s to make a center channel, 1 rear surround and 2 surrounds.
the m22 made a very good center channel. i tried it both on its side and standing up(on top of my tv-it was pretty high up). i could hear no difference in sound between the vertical and horizontal positions. although you could tell where the tweeter was when placed on its side, it really wasnt an issue. once i started to watch the dvd(Aliens-Quadrilogy edition) you didnt think about tweeter placement. only when i was specifically listening for a difference in sound could you tell the m22 was on its side. what i mean by this is you could tell the tweeter was to the right or to the left of the center axis of the tv. when vertical, you knew the tweeter was directly in line with the center axis.

the m22s made great surrounds. being slightly 'brighter' then the m60s they really shined in bringing out minute detail such as gunfire, the aliens walking, and off screen effects. i really didnt notice any bass coming out of the m22s though. when i heard bass, i knew it was coming out of the m60s. i dont think very much bass is sent to the surround channels in the first place.

as for the rear surround, i really tried to listen for sounds coming from the rear m22. unfortunately, when a lot of action took place(which is ussually when the rear surround went into action), i would get mesmerized by the movie and stop paying attention. oh well. in any case, i think an m22 as a rear surround was overkill. again, it is my belief that very little bass signals are sent to the surrounds during a movie.

question-if using only one rear surround, does your reciever compile the 2 rear surround signals into one and send it to the rear surround? or does the reciever only send 'rear right surround' signals to the rear surround(and vice versa with 'rear left surround')

i almost forgot-i had to use 18 gauge wire to connect my reciever to the rear surround-i ran out of my 12 gauge cable:(

Last edited by Hawkson101; 01/04/04 10:33 PM.

Once You Pop You Can't Stop