I don’t have the M80s or either of these receivers, but I did try both the HK2600 and Denon 2310CI when setting up my first home theatre. I started with the HK before I received the Epic Master 500. With my existing stereo speakers I was very impressed the amplifiers and DACs, on par or better than my HK3500 stereo receiver and Oppo DV-980H. You can’t really use the EZset/EQ with just two speakers so I can’t comment on how well that works. Where I did have problems was the HDMI interface with a Scientific Atlanta 8300 HD PVR. From time to time, audio and video would be dropped for a couple of seconds and this was a deal breaker.

I returned the HK and tried the Denon 2310CI, again at first with the stereo speakers. My first impressions were that the amplifiers and DACs were not as good as those of the HK or my existing equipment, though still very good. The HDMI interface with the PVR is much more robust; it will only occasionally drop out in the first few seconds after power up and is fine otherwise. The Audyssey MultiEQ worked well with the stereo speakers and I am glad to have it with the Epic Master 500. What you may appreciate with the M80s is that one of the multiEQ settings will bypass the equalization for the front left and right speakers. Hope this is helpful.

Chris