Originally Posted By: BWeasner
I would like to know your impressions of the QS4 vs the QS8. I'm in the same situation...I bought my QS4s about 6 months ago and I'm starting to wonder if maybe I should have purchased the QS8s instead.

Both Brent and JC at Axiom agreed that I would see little difference between the two models given the small size of my HT room. I've been using my system for listening to music with surround decoding A LOT more than I first anticipated. I think that music uses the surround speakers more than movies do...and I can't help but think that maybe, just maybe, my system would sound even more fantastic with the QS8s.

<<sigh...>> I'll just keep telling myself that the QS8s won't sound any different in my room than the QS4s...until I get the extra money to buy the QS8s \:\)

Well my Axioms are basically brand new W22s, W150 & QS4s for 6 weeks, the added a w100 the second or third week, then a EP500 the next week, then QS8s the following week to go 7.1.

So a grain of salt..... But I think there is a big difference between the QS8s and QS4s, everything sounds "Fuller", enough that I upgraded last night. Mind you, the current QS4s are just for my rear surround and were great as the side surround too, but thought I'd do it while I could get the most bang for the buck on the trade in (and while I'm in speaker buying mode before I move on to the next thing)

And ... my room is tiny 11'w x 10.5 d..YMMV

I just thought, not counting the diff in cost for the upgrade( would always be paying that) the trade in right now only cost me bout $75, so from what I heard in difference thought why not.

Last thought, I'm new at taking the audio this seriously, so my impressions are still on overload from getting a bunch of new speakers and I'm sure I'm still impressionable.

Good Luck!

Fronts/Wides:M22s in/on
Center:VP150/VP100 in/on
Hghts,SS,SR:QS8s
Sub:EP500
AVR:Onkyo 3008