I'm only starting to dream about the PC HT, but IMO anything that's missing as of right now should be coming down the pike within the next few years I would think. I know Bill Gates was talking heavily about PC HT's, and all of the stuff Window's 7 includes for such a project really shows me that they're serious about it.

I have a question about #7, couldn't you hook the satelite up to your TV, then run an HDMI connect to your computer that would carry the sound to be distributed around in 7.1, and the picture to be recorded on the DVR?

This is somewhat similar to what I'm doing with my computer. My main computer (I have 3) isn't connected directly to the reciever, I have HDMI running from my computer to the TV. Then I have an HDMI out running from the TV to the reciever. It works perfectly, the only issue I have is I can't turn the TV off when listening to music. When the power is cut to the TV, there is no pass through (at least not on my Sharp Aquos series). So that might be a hitch, in order for the computer to record a show you may have to have the TV turned on.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD