Originally Posted By: 2x6spds
the thing about vinyl is OCD behavior its promotes. Rituals - cleaning the records, careful handling like passing a kidney between surgeons, the sleeves, the stacking, keeping them out of the sunshine .... pain in the you know what,

but, you know what? it's worth it. the sound is beautiful, like audiosavant said, lush, rich, liquid or something like that ...

I agree with your thoughts about vinyl. I listened to my brother-in-law's system a couple of weeks ago and was blown away. He has a Rogue Audio Ninety-Nine preamp and Rogue M-150 power amps. His turntable is an MMF-9 and his speakers are Legacy Classics. We listened to Charles Mingus' Mingus Ah Um and it sounded so realistic I could swear that I was in the studio with the band. I personally have not bought a turntable and likely will not as I don't like cleaning and maintaining the albums. The albums are also too expensive for my budget and I can't see replacing 700 CDs with a different format even if it sounds better. Now if I won the lottery...