Hi and thanks in advance for your replies. I am now the proud owner of a pair of m22s, VP150, and a pair of QS8s. I also have a VTF-2 sub. I am currently running them off a Yamaha R-VX2092 thats 6 years old with no problems. I will post my experiences with the Axioms once I have a little more experience with them.

I have decided to purchase a new Yamaha and am torn between the 1400 and 2400. I listened to them both and it seemed to me that the 2400 had a little better soundstage (the salesman played Mighty Sam MccClain while switching the receivers). Maybe it was my imagination but has anyone else who demoed both receivers heard the same thing? After doing some research, the only physical differences I have found are a little more powerful amp and couple extra DSP modes on the 2400. Are any of the "innards" on the 2400 different from the 1400?

One other question, there are several etailers (specifically one company that starts with an E and sort of rhymes with onics) that are selling the 1400 (around $589) and 2400 (around $695). Those of you who have bought a Yamaha from one of these Brooklyn Etailers, is it a grey market receiver and how was the experience?

Once again, thanks for reading my post