Thanks for that document... very interesting indeed.

Is it just me or did this document go against everything that we just discussed and also what is recommended by Dolby itself.

This document recommends to position rear surround speaker behind the sweet spot at an angle between 110 and 150 and not at direct 90. The height recommendations is at ear level not any "x" feet above.

"Often, the rear speakers are positioned on the side of the listening area instead of behind it. If they are placed to the rear, they are often hidden behind furniture (thus producing a muffled sound) or mounted up on the wall behind the listening position, firing well above the listener's head. As a result, arrival times can vary so widely that there may be no "sweet spot" whatsoever where the listener can actually enjoy a correctly balanced blend of the speaker channels without phase smearing."

I guess it makes sense if the person recording follows these rules then it should follow in your HT or am I wrong in this assumption? or does this come down to there really are no clear rules / specifications and it's "what personally works best for you" kind of world?

Axiom Audio M60V2, VP100V2, QS4, Standard Cable