Originally Posted By: Murph
While I have read some arguments on both sides of their theories on a few things like horizontal center channels, I was impressed with this screen company in that they do not try to claim that their screens have zero effect on sound produced from speakers behind the veil as many AT screen manufacturers will lead you to believe. They actually speak to the effects on levels and the effects it has on different frequency ranges.

I'm still not sure I want an AT screen but if I did, I might be impressed enough with their openness to buy from them.

to quote from their web sight...
The qualitative effects of having a fabric in front of your speakers is that you will notice that brighter recordings are tamed down a little, with a slight loss of sparkle and air, because the attenuation is higher in the top octave. While the average attenuation of the Center Stage XD screen fabric is 1.5 dB from 8k-20kHz, adding the black backing will increase this attenuation around one more decibel.

Of course, "sparkle" and "Air" are very open to interpretation but since they are describing what they admit to being mildly 'lost' as opposed to 'magically created....', I can forgive them.

I was also impressed by there 30 day full refund return policy. Even the custom orders can be returned.

HG Cherry M80's, QS8's, VP150, and a pair of EP500's