Tires and wheels are what I do for a living, I like to think I am pretty knowledgable on the subject... I work for a large online company.

Sunny tires in a word, are cheap tires. You really cannot get any cheaper along with a few other chinese brands that float around. I don't want to call them unsafe, but keep in mind these tires have no enginering put into them... Literally none. They copy a tread design, find cheap materials, and go to work. For an example, Car and Driver did a test about six months ago with about eight different tires, one of which was a cheaper Chinese tire. Around a little 60 second autocross track they made, one of the better tires (Michelin PS2) was faster in the wet than the Chinese tire was in the dry. Cheaper stuff also doesn't tend to balance or hold its balance nearly as well. There are several products for not much money which are actually decent, such as Kumho or Falken, it doesn't make sense to buy the uber cheapies IMO.

I've never heard of the wheel brand you are looking at, but if they are chrome, just keep in mind you'll have to take care of them. Most aftermarket wheels are made in Asia, until you start getting to fairly expensive product, but the real cheap stuff will have problems with the finish if it is neglected really at all. They also will not stand up to potholes and the like as well. I probably sounds like a salesman but wheels are tires are something that you really do get better product for the more money you spend.

EDIT: What kind of truck do you have? Keep in mind also a 45 series at a 305 width is really not a small sidewall at all, that is equivalent to a 60 series or so at 215 width. A lot of these guys selling pre-done packages for vehicles are not using the proper tire size, they'll have 22" packages with three different tire sizes which they want to cover 50 vehicles, and it's just a lot of the time not the proper way to do it.

Last edited by Potatohead; 04/06/10 02:48 AM.