Mountain biking in Alaska can be a bit challenging. There just isn’t a great trail network for that. Most trails are out in the bush and are for four wheelers. They kind of go from swamp to big assed rocks to half way descent and back to swamp, then more rocks. That’s just the trails…. Depending on where you are, the bears can be even more of a challenge. I go no where without a firearm, and it has to be big enough to actually do some good if you need it. But having said all that, if you are serious about coming the Alaska, feel free to send me an email or give me a call and I can get you all the info you need. I know the state and know a lot of folks in the tourism business who have contacts.

There is a place I want to visit for the whole purpose of hiking, taking some photos and possibly mountain biking; and that’s over the pass between Leavenworth and Seattle on Highway 2. I drove that stretch last fall and it’s beautiful. There are many trails to wander and it’s an easy drive to Leavenworth or back to the Seattle area depending on which side of the pass you happen to be on. Leavenworth gets tiresome after about four hours, but it’s OK if you try to become a tourist and enjoy the hot dogs and beer.