Originally Posted By: fredk
 Originally Posted By: Murph
Sorry, can't help.
I just want a deck and speakers that doesn't distort when people with mid to low voices talk on CBC. WTH is it with that station(s) anyways? I have never had a high end system in my vehicles but every single one of them has trouble with CBC broadcasts, both local & the feed, hopping from frequency to frequency as I drive distances and even via the Internet on my home system. Sometimes it makes me paranoid when I play CBC on my M60 system because I get paranoid that the distortion is damaging. Car systems seem the most sensitive to this effect.

Obviously the broadcasts mixing standards are to blame over my stereos but this was the opening for a rant I have long held in. Cranky old man with a hat rant, over.

Sorry Cam.

OK, thats interesting. I do a lot of CBC listening as well. Are you saying that you only have issues with the CBC? I figured it was the speakers in the new car.

FWIW I have no troubles with this station on my M80s (chalk one up for the M80 club ;\) ).

Well, it seems like all cars, including rentals, all radios home and car. Perhaps it's an Atlantic Canada thing as that's where I normally travel around. Follows as I change frequencies as I change provinces. I don't use any bass enhancement at home and usually turn other peoples settings down in a rental.

Anyways, not a big deal. I was just curious if anyone else had noticed this.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.