For anyone who uses one of these receivers, could you please tell me if you have ever driven some 'difficult' speakers with them and to what degree of success?
By difficult here i mean any 6 ohm or less speaker (which i guess would certainly include the M80s) and preferably a speaker that has a lesser rated efficiency (say around 90dB w m).

The reason i'm asking is based on my earlier post about speaker auditions. A friend has decided and bought the Tannoy Saturn 6s and we are having some issues with distortion/clipping starting in at relatively low volumes on the Denon (as low as -20 on the volume scale and ALWAYS by about +4).

I would like to know if anyone else has driven less efficient, heavier load speakers with more success than what we are encountering.
We tested out his Denon with my Axioms a week ago and they were powered just beautifully but unfortunately, as nice as the Saturns sound, the volume levels obtained prior to clipping are ALOT less than either of us expected.
I'm trying to get an independent amp from another friend for testing later today but our question basically comes back to this:
Should he buy the bigger Saturn 8s or another (more efficient) speaker altogether?

Any input from those who have used the Denon receivers would be appreciated.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."