Yo Dale,

I was in the same boat two months ago. I also have the Onkyo 601, which overall I'm pretty happy with. Of course, I wanted the best of everything, but couldn't afford it all at once. What I decided to do is buy each speaker set separately. I started with the m22's instead of the m2's. Man oh man, those are some sweeeet speakers. In about 6 months then I'll get the VP150, and probably the QS8's next year. It takes some patience, but in the long run, I'll have a better system. The price dif between m2/vp100/qs4 vs. m22/vp150/qs8 is $415. If you buy factory outlet, the price dif is only $293! Since I plan on using the speakers for a good 15-20 years, I say the price dif is rather negligible.

One other thing to note is that Axiom has a great trade-in deal where they'll put 70% of the cost of your current speakers towards the price of new upgraded speakers. That might make you feel better getting the m2/vp100/qs4 package now and knowing that you can always upgrade without taking too much of a shot to the wallet.

Fight on 'SC! Three-Pete Baby!