Originally Posted By: bremsy
So I've had my axioms for just over a week now and am extremely happy with them. But since I am still in the trial stage am thinking about upgrading my EP175 to an EP350. From the posts I've seen about them I am about 95% sure I'm going to upgrade my QS4's to QS8's. Thoughts??.... Room is only 16x11x7.5 sq.ft. Maybe the sub might be overkill??

Oh Upgrade-itis will you ever stop?

Your system will benefit from moving up to the EP350 especially for dynamic Blu-ray or DVD soundtracks and classical music recordings. As far as going to the QS4 to QS8 for surround use the benefits of upgrading will be marginal at best for your room size - even going to 7.1 and using the QS8's as your side surrounds and QS4's as the surround backs you will not see much improvement - not as much as investing in a more competent subwoofer. If this was a much bigger room looking into 7.1 would be a viable option.

So yes to the EP350 and no to the QS8. Adding a pair of quality headphones is also a good investment for when you want to listen to music, movies, t.v etc and you don't want to disturb anyone or if you find you travel often.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne