Hi Bluray,

Here is the tutorial for preparing the wire and assembling the plugs (pages 3 & 5).

One thing to make sure and even be more careful with is if you are using lower awg like 10 is do your best to get the cleanest strip on the wire as possible as shown on page 1. If not and you try to jam the fryed wire into the banana plug when you are assembling them, the tip of the banana plug will expand and you might find it difficult to initially insert them. With any 12 awg you probably won't run into that problem.

After you insert the banana plug, with your hands tightening the collar expands the tip which creates that secure connection. Tighten the collar to the point when you start to feel resistance and gently add a little more force. You don't want to overtighten. Defintely hand tighten and avoid pliers. Pliers will not only mark/damage the outside collar, but it could also damage the speaker inputs due to overtightening. I like these locking plugs from BJC much better than the widly popular banana plugs from Monoprice.

http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/speaker/Speaker_cable_termination.pdf

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne