I thought that dual subs was a given considering the really bad bass response across my seating but never figured a second sub wouldn’t help at all. Given the results I’m getting with one sub in the best location using EQ I wouldn’t even consider trying 3-4 subs.

When I first bought the house my plan was to build a wall across the opening from the living room to the dining area (behind the screen) since I figured I’d need something to mount the screen to and have a symmetrical wall behind my mains. However, I quickly realized that the partial wall wasn’t effecting my front soundstage so decided to hang the screen from the ceiling instead. At this point I doing even see a reason to try that now since I thing the single sub w/EQ is doing well enough that I can justify the cost of adding a wall and second sub just to try things out when I could just pick up an EQ system instead.

I’m going to spend more time listening to various material from all my seats to see if I can live with the results I’m getting right now. My preliminary finding are that I can live with it but that might just be because of the improvement over the previous setup. I’ve notice from doing lots of experimenting that when first changing something things often seem much better only to have the novelty wear off and have something about the sound bugging me.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1