Thanks for the lead-in Jay. ;\)

Yes Jay sums it up correctly.

Despite what Audyssey says about using only direct radiating speakers I greatly prefer the QS8s as height speakers. All the sound coming from them is ambient (none is directional) so the QS speakers are perfect for that role. The QS4s might also work here because there really isn’t anything powerful like explosions coming from the heights. Just sounds like rain, wind, echoes and such.

I also prefer the M22s as wide speakers for the M80s (I imagine it would be the same for the M60s). The wide channels share a lot of audio information with their corresponding main speaker and greatly benefit from being closely timbre matched to the mains (not as much as a center but more than surrounds). I haven’t tried it but it’s likely the M2s would also work as wides for the M80s/M60s saving some $ and space but I’ve been lazy about making my next Axiom order so I don’t have any M2s yet. Though if you like to run your M80s “large” or with a low crossover I would stick with the M22s.

Cheers,
Dean

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1