I took delivery of a pair of M2is and VP150 last night. So far I am very impressed. I wanted to get a feel for the Axiom sound before going the full route, but given what I've heard (and seen, very nice vinyl finish) so far, I am thinking of going the full route.

I will do a 7 channel setup. I plan on putting the M2is as rear surround, getting 2 VP100s for side surrounds (horizontal bookshelf placement is a must - do they timbre match well with 2is?) and either M60ti's or 80's for the fronts. The room is 16 x 18 with a cathedral ceiling that peaks at 10 feet from a low of 7.5 feet. I sit 11.5 feet away. The speakers will be 9 feet apart and 2 feet from the rear wall.

Will this system work (mixing the 100s and 2s as surrounds) and will the 80s be too much for the room? Many of the reviews I've read suggest the 80s need like 4000 cubic feet to really sound good, and I've only got 2800. Even the Axiom website suggests the Epic 60 in rooms from 2000 to 6000 cubic feet and the Epic 80 in rooms 4000 and above.

Any thoughts?