Well, when I first saw the VP180, I thought: "Matchng all aluminum dustcaps just does not look right" and "The ti/v2 versions look better aesthetically."

But then I realized that sound quality is what really matters, so I became "Indifferent: I just want all my speakers to match."

I did, however, instantly and unexpectedly fall in love with the magnetic grilles, so I may have shifted just slightly towards "v3 is a marginal improvement aesthetically over the ti/v2 versions," even though the "improvement" can only be seen with the grilles off.

I contemplated upgrading all my v2's to v3's but couldn't justify the extra cost just to get the mag grilles. THEN my wife says she likes the Al caps better \:o Well, me being the loving and supportive husband that I am, I decided to bite the bullet and upgrade everything to v3's and make her happy.

And through all of that the look of the Al caps slowly grew on me, and now I think they do look nice. Is that because I know I'll be owning them, so subconsciously my mind is "liking" them in an attempt to co-exist with them in hamony? Maybe, and it may be partly to justify the upgrade itself as well, but either way I am happy with the looks of the v3's now \:\)

So...which one should I select for the poll given that my selection went through an evolution process?? The only one I know I personally would not select is "v3 is a big improvement aesthetically over the ti/v2 versions."