I would always go with wall mounting if you have walls in approximately the right place. The included T brackets hold the speakers up just fine, although I don't think you have room for banana plugs behind the speaker unless you mount the T bracket on a piece of wood with a cutout for the cables and fasten the wood to the wall.

At my previous house one was on the wall and the other was on a high table, resting on a couple of soup cans to keep the bottom woofer away from the table surface. You have to take the bottom grill off when using soup cans. Habitant cans work better than Campbells.

At my new house I don't really have walls in any kind of useful position for surround speakers, so my QS8s are on Axiom stands. The stands are expensive but by the time you finish assembling them they feel like they're worth the $$.

If you want to arrange some kind of alternative stand all you need is a small piece of wall-equivalent flat surface in the right place. You could run a couple of vertical 2x2s on some kind of heavy base, with a 1x6 or similar across the top of the 2x2s to hold the T bracket. Just remember that QS8s are surprisingly heavy for their size - each QS8 has the same driver count as a pair of M2s.

The Axiom stands do look very sharp, however, and if I ever get around to tidying the entire HT at the same time (rather than messying it up in the process of wiring something new in) I'll post some pictures.

Last edited by bridgman; 06/24/10 11:48 PM.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8