Originally Posted By: JohnK
Yes, interesting read about Gene's experience. I found it noteworthy that even after Gene was unable to hear a difference between the two crossovers, he still uses terms such as "upgraded", "higher quality" and "higher end" in describing what should be termed simply a "modified" component if no actual audible superiority is to be implied.

The Quote in the article is as follows:
"This listening session focused on if I could detect audible differences of their stock crossover utilizing steel laminate cores vs an upgraded crossover utilizing air core inductors."

Perhaps, and I'm totally speculating and talking out of my ass here... they were comparing the stock crossover with a crossover they were thinking of upgrading to. Ooooh! Maybe some Axiom testers could hear a difference and others couldn't and there was fierce debate as to whether or not they should "upgrade" to the higher end air inducted crossover or just stick with the stock item.

Then someone says, "We need a third party tie-breaker".

Ian pipes up, "I could call Gene from Audioholics..."

Now, Because of Gene DellaSalla, we aren't getting the fancy crossover! (Thanks for *nothing* Gene!)

\:\) Whaddya think?

Entire story above is right out of my overtired brain. Nobody better take that to seriously! Especially Gene. It was Audioholics reviews that led me to Axiom in the first place. (Sincere thanks for that, Gene).

snazzed

M22, VP150, QS8 <--all v2
Sub: Outlaw LFM1-Plus
Denon AVR1910, Sony X900-65"