When I recently ordered my new Axiom QS-4's, (I already had the M80T1's for the main) I decided to go with Axiom's 12ga. wire, because of the distance. And then I thought, why not replace all of my old 16ga. wire at the same time, so I ordered 100feet of it. I sure am glad I did! Even though it was a whole .85 cents a foot, it was more than worth it. I had seen at the www.audioreview.com site that some users of 12ga. wire had second thoughts about it, but now that I have all my speakers re-wired with the larger gauge, I have really noticed a difference. My M80ti's sound deeper and fuller in the bass range, while the mid-range sounds slightly more open and the Axiom mid-range has always impressed me (male vocals,which can sometimes sound too nasal are more natural on the Axioms), while female vocals sound a little less harsh and brittle. I love the rubber coating; nice and flexible. Maybe I could have found the 12ga. wire cheaper somewhere else, but what is money, anyway---just a bunch of paper, so spend it before it burns up LOL.