not a fancy high end one at all....its an Infinity that I got a terrific deal on, used, to use with my M3's.
My receiver is a new Harman Kardon and since Infinity and HK are kinda "related" I thought it might be a good match. What I like very much is that the sub doesn't give annoying pops when powering on or off, like my old Dayton one did - also it just melts into the sound of my left Axiom so seamlessly, like warm butter - love it!. Wish I had another, for the right side.
(am going to play with position of it soon, but the room is absoloutely cluttered so there is no other place for it and my hands are tied)
Fact is I have no business spending the $$ right now on one of the Axiom subs, tho I'd love to - so I have the Infinity.

I also just bought a DAC and am looking forward to adding that to the scenario soon.

Question: will adjusting the knob on back of the sub that "tells" the sub at what frequency to kick in ALSO feed info back through the receiver to my Axioms, giving them a signal that does not include the real low frequency stuff? Or do I need to add some kind of crossovers?

I want to take some of the load off the Axioms. Feels like that might already be happening - not sure.

thanks!
Aunty Em
Tampa
M3's, Infinity 10 in sub, Harman Kardon 3390 receiver and iMac/itunes as source

Aunty Em
Tampa, FL