Originally Posted By: nickbuol
How would a single VP180 compare to say two VP150s with one above and one below a front projector screen?

Well, it's bigger than two VP150s grin

Originally Posted By: nickbuol
Previous discussions were about how a center above and below helped to get center channel audio to seem more like it is smack dab in the middle of the large screen. I know that the driver configuration is different, but is the sound field large enough on the VP180 to do something similar and to nail the center channel audio to the center of the screen?

I replaced a VP100 with the VP180. If you accept that you can visualize a sound bubble from a speaker the bubble from the VP100 was maybe 4' wide and 18" high, while the corresponding bubble from VP180 was maybe 6' wide and 3' high. I felt that dialog was now very closely anchored to heads on the screen, maybe 6" below rather than 12-18" below before. Rather than going for a second center channel to make it perfect, I'm going to raise the M60s a couple of feet off the ground. Informal testing with chairs suggests that will be enough to make the voices and the heads line up perfectly.

Last edited by bridgman; 07/07/10 03:11 AM.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8