If you have spoiled her by having excellent sound quality and value with Axiom speakers, she's probably got enough taste to recognize the cheapo Monoprice speakers as crap. Still, they're good for saving money on the least-used zones, areas where no amount of money will overcome back acoustics/materials/placement, or places where other less discerning family members will be.

Beyond that, if they're ceiling speakers, it's going to be awfully hard to beat the price/quality of Episodes. As for amps and control, it really just comes down to how customizable she wants it. She can get into home automation and spend 20k+ or she can spend 2500 and have good sound everywhere with wall controls but not necessarily the ability to play 6 sources in 6 spaces or 1 in 1.

Apparently there's an Elan unit that'll act as a multi-zone processor for a 6z amp like the Ep1230 and is like $900. I'm not at all familiar with it though.

I probably could've just kept it to that reply the first time around. I was bored though.