It's mostly the way the companies handle themselves online. I've read to many things written by SVS badmouthing their competition. Hsu has always stayed above the fray and let their subs do the talking. (In my experience anyway. I've by no means read every thread on every board regarding subs.)

One other thing that kinda bugs me (and honestly it really shouldn't) is that SVS seems to simply take Hsu design ideas, make a bigger version, and then brag that their is bigger. Like I said, why should I care?

Finally, I know of only two instances in which someone has done a side-by-side comparison, and in both cases the Hsu was preferred. Alas, I've not had the chance to do my own side-by-side comparison. You'd have to do some digging, but an Axiom board member some time ago posted a quick note about their own experience.

This by NO means is to say SVS doesn't make a great sub! Compared to most subs out there I'm sure SVS blows them away. I think the point is that SVS and Hsu both are so far ahead of the competion, there's really no reason to buy something else. Most people who swear by "their" sub, whether it be SVS or Hsu, can only compare it to what they had before. And regardless of what that was, their new SVS or Hsu is going to kick it's butt.

Does that make any sense?