A couple of years ago I put down some 3/4 African Walnut hardwood on my main floor. My railing and trim on my staircase however, were a very conflicting natural oak finish so I went looking for a stain to match the flooring. Nothing I could find, was anywhere near the dark, red-tinged, brown(like chestnut but a little richer looking) so I bought myself a can of Minwax Antique Walnut in their polyshades line(the railing was varnished already so the polyshade was the better choice, imo...no sanding down to bare wood) and also bought a smaller can of black oak. I mixed, in a separate container, the Antique walnut and a touch of the black oak and tested it for colour. Once I felt it was close, I applied it and built it up with 5 coats. You can't tell the difference between the floor and the trim/railing as the combination of stains and the natural oak gave me the desired colour. If you're patient, you can mix up your own shade and darken it as required by adding more coats, or vary the next colour slightly...just don't start off too dark!

Half of communication is listening. You can't listen with your mouth.