Originally Posted By: littlejohn

if i got an ipod thingy , that you could load videos on , could i play that , on the receiver and flatscreen?
besises the apple ipods touch ,, nano, classic ,,, what else is ,, out there ?

Hi Littlejohn,
As has already been mentioned for purely music streaming there are several solutions such as the Logitech Squeezebox, Roku, Sonos or Airport from Apple.

Another great way to do this on the cheaper side is to buy a NAS (Network Attached Storage) that has built in media server coupled with your wireless router. One suggestion (and the one I use) is the D-Link DNS-323. The box itself is not too expensive at ~$120, but then you just need to add hard drives to the size/price point you need.

I use this NAS box to serve video wireless to my PS3. It has a built in iTunes server and UPnP server. There are better ones out there - it's a matter of price and performance. It also serves music to non-iTunes clients through the UPnP server, but I am lucky enough to have a Sonos system for the music side. I agree with Sonicfox that the dedicated network music players are much snappier in response. Hope that helps some.

Cheers!

Dan
On-Wall M5HP LCR, QS8 & EP500 in 7.1