Actually, I have a separate, vintage (H/K) tuner that does a really good job at pulling almost any station.

I should probably clarify the "better than axiom" comment. The reason why I say I think it does "talk" even better than axioms is that the mono/proximity factor. It has a very warm sound, and the radio's small size mean that it's probably going to be closer to you in almost all cases than your regular set of speakers.

This makes a nice "intimate" feel to radio talk. I do listen to my axioms regularly for radio music, but I really do think I prefer the tivoli for talk. Maybe it's that I think the axioms present too "big" a sound for talk... the tivoli tricks me more into thinking that someone is actually taking to ME. I really do think that the driver in that speaker is voiced specifically for conversational speech - it's just too good.

I do dearly love my axioms, though. I miss them terribly. I'm painting the room in my new house where they will be, and as motivation, have decided not to hook them up until I'm done.

Maybe I should get back to painting!