Ok dude let me just say that I was in your shoes a year and a half ago, dreaming of my new home theater and designing what I thought would look great. Now, I'm not saying you can't design a theater and then build it to your liking... it's your money, you can do whatever you wish with it. But let me just say, from experience, that sound waves don't always cooperate with your design plans.

All I'm saying is don't go locking yourself into any designs before you get your speakers in there and see what they sound like. The subs may work up front (they did in SRoodes HT), but they also may not (like in mine & Catbrats situations). And the surrounds might not be optimal where you have them slated to go at this time.

Now as I said in the beginning it's your choice if you decide to go with form over function, and there's also the chance that it might sound wonderful once you put it all together. I just thought I'd go ahead and warn you that speakers can be devilishly stubborn when you really WANT them to sound good in a certain location. Spiteful little buggers they are!

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD