I did not read through all 3 pages just skimmed so if this has been stated already my apologies.
There was a website (forget the name/link) off the top of my head but they took an oscilloscope to several hdmi cables and ran test. They posted them online and the result were pretty much just about any cable under 30ft was a good choice regardless of price. The 30' mark seem to be the point were signal loss started to occur. Digital is different than analog. The hdmi cables at monoprice are great espcially for the price. I have used them and I have recommedned them for many clients in the past. Never once had any issues. If you are doing 3d then there is an issue of bandwidth. The cables at monoprice do 10.2GB which alot of reviewers say its plenty for there 3d. Not sure I have not tested this. Some places I have read said you need 15+GB bandwidth. Maybe they want you to purchase the 200$$ cable. The prices are so cheap at monoprice just grab some and if you dont like them your not out of alot of money