Originally Posted By: Vanorge
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=768150

is it the PB12 NSD thats close in performance to the EP500 or the PB12plus or the older PB12 ultra? it's an old list but it helped with my choice to go with EP500.

the NSD has a 300watt amp. wouldn't it be on par with the EP350?

They are on par power wise yes but still completely different price points. I think that Axiom probably provides better sound per watt but not necessarily the best price per watt if that makes since. This is the very reason i chose to go with SVS for my sub, i am not going to say that svs is better or worse as there are far too many variables for that and i havent even heard an axiom but what i can say is that for 600 dollars SVS provides one flipping good sub. With that being said, i am going to talk to them about going up to their next model up which is $1,150 but will also revisit HSU and Axiom at this price category.

Bottom line for my budget i didnt feel at the time the 175 watt axiom would be as satisfying as the 300 watt svs even though others may say im way off base. I dont think you will lose going with either SVS or axiom. I make the same arguments as to why i didnt buy SVS speakers for the rest of my HT, i felt axiom provided a better value with more reviews favoring their products. I am happy with both decisons.

M22's
VP100
QS4's
SVS PB12-NSD
Denon 2310CI
Panasonic P58S2
Panasonic P50S2