Hello Folks,

I currently have the following within my HT.

M22s for the front main channel (mounted upside down so that the tweeter is at ear level)

VP150 (on the floor in front of the 70" Samsung's stand, set on the side which tilts the drivers upward)

QS8 used as side surround approx 3 feet above the sitting positions a little further back then the centre of the room

QS4 used as rear surrounds. I didn't mount these on the wall, they are sitting ontop of my dvd cabinets on either side of my equipment rack. They are standing on their end so that the woofers fire sideways and the tweeters are angled, one down towards the listening area and one towards the ceiling (I am guess it will reflect down)

Ok now that I have totally flabergasted everyone with my setup I come to my question. I am pretty sure I don't have enough power currently to bring my speakers to life (yes I know the specs say minimum of 10 watts but I am sure that is not optimal). Currently I have an older Yamaha reciever (RX-V1500)according to the specs "minimum RMS output power for Front, Center, Surround, surround back 20hz to 20khz, 0.04% THD 8ohms is 120watts. However I don't know if this is peak or continous and if it is all channels driven or not.

I am looking at the Emotiva UPA-7 which is 125watts into 8ohms all channels driven (7 channels). However is that enough since most of the speakers above are rated at 400watts. Perhaps I should purchase the XPA-5 at 200watts, then find something else for the rear surrounds. What do you think?