I am replacing my ancient (25 years old) system consisting of a Harman Kardon 330C receiver and Advent 1 speakers. I recently bought a pair of Axiom M2i speakers. I expect them to arrive today or tomorrow. I also recently purchased on Ebay a refurbished Harman Kardon AVR 225 from HK. I expect to receive it in a few days. I have thirty days to return for a full refund (less shipping) if I do not like it.

After buying the receiver, I decided to download the manual to get familiar with it (I know I should have done this before I bought, but I did not). It was then that I noticed that this receiver it has a fixed sub crossover frequency of 100HZ. It cannot be adjusted. I have a RBH TS-10AP subwoofer that can accept speaker level inputs and has its own cross over control, but its output to the speakers is also fixed at 100HZ. So if I hook up the sub to the speaker outputs on the receiver and then hook up my front speakers to the sub, I am still stuck with the same 100Hz crossover as set in the receiver.

I intend to use this receiver in a two speaker and one sub set up for now (may add more speakers later for an HT setup) and mostly for music, although I do intend to hook up my TV, DVD player, etc. to it for improved sound when watching movies.

My question: Will a fixed 100HZ crossover be fine for music, or would I be better off being able to adjust the crossover? If being able to adjust is preferable, is there any way I can hook the sub up to accomplish this, or should I just send the HK receiver back and get something with adjustable crossover frequency? I do not know much about bass management, and from what I have read on the internet, it is quite a confusing subject.

Next time I will look at the manual BEFORE buying, not matter how good the price.

Thanks for any help you can give me.