Thanks for everyone's helpful comments and suggestions. You're right Jakewash, it could be I was a little 'overly' impressed by the friend's Dalis, which admittedly do cost 3 - 4 times more new. He has an NAD 400 watts a channel preamp, too, and other components in the signal chain that are better than mine, so I imagine it all adds up. I do have a sub-woofer which I think adds a lot and is nearly mandatory with the M22s. One thing I did notice, though, is that the M22s seem to be a more 'coherent' speaker, or project a unified sound. So on ensemble stuff, acoustic music, jazz, etc., and vocal ensembles, for example, the music sounds more 'together' and of a piece than on many speakers, and I like that a lot. I think that's a real tribute to the Axiom designers. The human voice sounds remarkable! I do wonder If I'd get a bit more punch if I added a power amp to the HK. Right now I'm running it at about -25 to get some volume before it starts getting loud. I'm from the old school of still trying to adjust to the numbers getting louder as they get smaller!