I recently finished building my first DIY amplifier - the "Bugle" designed by Gordon Rankin. It's a single-ended triode amp that uses type 45 ouput tubes and produces 2.5 watts/ch. I've had some comments on another board (Audio Asylum) that I should really consider getting some high efficiency speakers to get the most out of this. I've been using a variety of speakers, both vintage and modern, including original Large Advents, Advent/1's, stacked Advents, Axiom M3ti, Michaura M-55, Michaura M-66) I've been amazed at how loud it plays (and especially how it SOUNDS!) but I'm concerned about the possibility of damaging speakers due to clipping. I'm not hearing any distortion or compression at the levels I listen at (not extremely loud) but I've had comments that it might be clipping more than I know. If I can't hear anything that sounds bad am I OK or is it possible to damage the speakers even though the amp sounds very clean and dynamic? Anyone here have experience with such amps and medium efficiency speakers like these?