Oh Amie, Don't start talking about Cords. One of the most beautiful cars EVER. When I was a lad (OH NO! One of THOSE stories), my older brother kept his boat at a small boat launching facility a mile or two from our home. This had to be around 1959 or so. On the property was a long, narrow, concrete, bunker-like structure that had a garage door at the end facing the lake. Since the land sloped down toward the lake, as the building got farther away from the lake it just disappeared into the ground. I found out later that it was supposed to be the foundation for a row of motel rooms.

One day, after pulling the boat out of the water, my brother and I noticed the garage door was open, so we wandered over. Inside, the owner and a friend were working on....not one....not two....but THREE 1937 Cords. They were cannibalizing two to restore the third. The restored one was maroon in color. I thought it was the most beautiful automobile I had ever seen. I've been in love with them ever since. Seeing one today still takes my breath away. Unfortunately, they are slightly out of my price range.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton