So today i have receive my M80v2 from Purolator. Damn two big boxes.
Right out of the boxe i can say these have the most beautifull finnish i've own from Axiom (light mapple). I have own black, boston cherry and high gloss cherry and those from my taste have the best looking (fit my room perfectly too). They have tan grilles and Noreen was so kind to ship me a pair of black grilles too for free (thank you very much once again). ALso that's a lot of speaker for the money !
So i took few minutes to set them properly. Yes i had to take over my EP350 and M3. They are drive by my Marantz SR5003 and my source is a cd player from Marantz too the SA8003.
I've put some of my fav cd's. Porcupine tree - The incident, Jeff Buckley - Grace and some Alicia Keys and his cd Unplugged.
I have to say those M80 can handle everything. The bass is strong and tight. The mids present and the upper octace from female voice are crisp. The male voice from Jeff Buckley is clean and it's like if he were still alive beside me smile If i can compare from my 2.1 listening (M3 and EP350), M80 give a most complete sound. They are close to the Focal 826V speaker i've own last year. I just do not have the high end gears i use to have to compare fairly (Naim) And i just gave them 1-2 hours max so they need more break time period even if i know most people here do not believe in break time wink.
Anyway i am for now a fully satisfied new M80 owner and i will post some pics tomorrow.
Thank for reading this litle review.

Last edited by Philippe; 09/25/10 12:30 AM.

Nad C356 DAC & C515
Axiom M3v3
Grant Fidelity RPF-120 MKII
Analysis Plus Black Oval 12&10
JRiver 19